Pyrocoil is a preformed coil of intumescent material in cylindrical, square or rectangular variations with an outer band of self-adhesive tape. Pyrocoil can only be used in walls and floors of solid construction. A variation of this product can be used to fire seal an external void of up to 25mm all around the outside of the damper.
Pyrocoil has successfully undergone fire resistance tests to BS 476: Parts 8, 20
and 22 and been assessed for up to 4 hours integrity and insulation.
Pyrocoil fire dampers should be installed around service penetrations in compartment or separating walls and floors.
Pyrocoil can be fitted to provide fire sealing to mechanical and electrical services which pass through fire resisting walls and floors, including:
- Plastic pipes to BS 4514 and BS 5255.
- Bare metal pipes to BS 1387 (M/S) and BS 2871: Part 1 1971
- ABS pipes
- Polypropylene pipes
- Insulated metal pipes – with thermo-degradable insulation
- Electrical cables – armoured
- Electrical cables – double insulated
- Electrical ductwork
- Electrical ladders and trays